Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Fathers: How do you feel about your daughter having guy friends?

For example, if your daughter gets random texts from a guy or talks to him? (about appropriate topics such as school)





Would you be weary or cautious about that? Do you discourage her from being friends with guys?





Why or why not?Fathers: How do you feel about your daughter having guy friends?
I'm a father, but not to a daughter, and my child is not one-year-old yet. If I did have a daughter, though, I wouldn't be worried at all. I wouldn't discourage my daughter from being friends with anyone...period, unless I had a legitimate fear that she was in danger due to her friend. But, this seems like a harmless friendship, and I would have no problem with her being friends with a male.Fathers: How do you feel about your daughter having guy friends?
One day your daughter will end up hanging with guys when she is a teenager. How old is your daughter? Anyways I understand this is coming from a worried parent, but keep checking her phone when it is around you. Don't be too suspicious, but ask her questions and sit down and talk with her about guys and make sure she knows whats right and whats wrong. Other than that you can't do anything that strictly forbids her with talking to guys. Really it only depends on how old she is, but continue to keep an eye on her.
I'm not a father, but I am a teen girl with a father.





He doesn't like me texting or talking on the phone with guy friends at all. If one of my guy friends does, I have to lie to him and say it's a girl.





He doesn't like me hanging out with them or having them over either, he just doesn't trust me with that kinda stuff even though I did nothing wrong to lose his trust.





But my advice to any dads out there: Just let her, because she might end up like me and lie to her parents because of that. :/
No, there's no problem with a girl having guy friends, and I'd say he must be a positive influence if they're actually texting eachother about SCHOOL!





Depending on her age, I might find it inappropriate if they were discussing sexual topics, and I've heard of girls getting arrested for sending nude pictures of themselves to their boyfriends.
well this is kinda funny for me as its kinda different in my situation when i was like in the junior high my mom was really happy about the fact that i was hanging out with girls more than with guys and somehow it just stuck that way i dont know why but i like being around girls


everyone is different i just get along better with them than with guys i dont have the same ';common tongue'; with guys as i do with girls





so my mom now is more concerned about me getting in the wrong crowd
My dad does not let me talk to guys


AT ALL! I still do, but he hates the fact that I'm ';getting older';


I don't understand how they get all protective if we're just friends





I can see the boyfriend thing, but not the friends part


I would never in a million years go for any of my guy friends. That would just be awkward lol
I'm not a father, I'm a 15 year old girl, so I may be biased but...


I don't see the big deal in it. Boys and girls are just people and when you go to school with eachother it's bound to happen that we'll be friends with eachother and talk to eachother. I have just as many boys (possibly more) in my phone as I do girls. We are all the same.
Actually my dad is more approving of guys than my mom. I guess its because he trusts me more, and KNOWS I won't go do anything I know I shouldn't.


They both are O.K. with guys and them coming over and stuff.


But my mom is the one that thinks I'm going to come home pregnant before I finish high school just because she did that.
as a 14 year old guy who HAS been chased off countless times i would say


there being ';safe';/overprotective





and yes i do have some sexual relations with a few of the girls who's dads chased me off so they do have some reason
well im not a father lol





but my dad knows i like hanging out with ';the guys'; rather then ';the girls';





im just one of those girls who gets along better with guys then girls..girls are to prissy for me





and my dad noticed that lol, hes perfectly fine with it
I'm not a father. I am a teenage girl who gets irritated by her father.





Big deal, you talk about school. Seriously. They let you go over to boy's houses when your little, but not when your a teenage girl?





It really irks me. We're doing the same thing we would w/ girls. Talking about how stupid our Spanish teacher is or something. its not like we're going to get screwed. Geeze.
Actually last night i had a dance and he saw a picture of me and my best guy friend holding each other. He said he would kill him. (Jokingly)





EDIT: My avatar is the picture he saw of us holding each other. Oh well, my dad will get over it. Lol.





=]





-Jamie(:
no, my god, let her live alittle, everygirl talks to dudes, and everygirl gets their heart broken, its life..
My Dad hate's it


although i've never heard it from him


he just get's worried about me having lot's of guy friends and not girls
Best friend is a guy.


I guess daddy got over it.





Haha.
i wonder that too
I am not a father... Yet....





But there would be alot of anger from me towards the guy friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment