Friday, August 20, 2010

How do I get my fiance some guy friends?

My fiance is in his mid twenties and has just a few friends, but is having trouble finding someone he has a lot in common with and can talk to. Of course he can talk to me, but every once in a while he would like a guy's perspective. The people he works with are all a lot older, and don't have much in common with him. The rest of his friends are either already married and have children (leaving little time for friends) or are younger and still interested in be a little wild. My fiance is stuck right in the middle! How can I get him to meet some guys in his situation?How do I get my fiance some guy friends?
I have similar concern about a male friend who has mostly female friends and/or older friends. From what I've observed, men bond around their professions and hobbies. Since your fiance's colleagues are all older, then you may consider encouraging him to take up a hobby that involves meeting other men. However, I caution you that you may want to consider encouraging his bonding with other married men, so that you won't have him running around with single friends/guys after you are married. It can cause problems in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment