Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How do I survive going on a camping trip with my guy friends and being the only girl?

I am the only girl going with a few guy friends on a camping trip coming up and one of them is my ex.


Advice on how to hold it all together lol (PS: I really want to go to the place were going and one of the guys is my best friend so i really do want to go)How do I survive going on a camping trip with my guy friends and being the only girl?
Do all the cooking and put saltpeter in their food. Slip your ex enough Thorazine in his breakfast, the first day to keep him cooperative until it's time to clean up camp and go home.How do I survive going on a camping trip with my guy friends and being the only girl?
Just be one of the guys!! Be yourself and have fun and don't worry about your hair or makeup or what your wearing.... Go, have a lot of fun with them and they will respect you for it and so will your ex.... If he is going and knows that you are going also, then he doesn't have a problem with it and probably doesn't feel like it will be an awkward situation, so you should feel the same way and you can just be friends and have fun!!!!!
Forget about ';not being a girl';. You wouldn't have been invited if they didn't want you to come ';as you are';. Ask questions. Guys love to be the experts and want to tell you how to do things in the ';wilderness';. Be sure to bring clothes that will keep you warm and dry. If not, you'll hate the experience. Be sure all clothing is synthetic or wool, the tent is of quality, you have nutritional food and water, bring matches and a pocket knife, insect repellent, avoid makeup and primping, forget about how (you think) you look. One thing not to do is be worried about everything. There will be bugs and critters, it will get dark, there may not be a bathroom, food wont be like at home. Enjoy and appreciate the environment. Watch the night sky. Listen for noises and question (not freak out) about what they are. Wander around, pick up things and be observant. Go with the flow, if they aren't worried, you don't need to be either, unless your sixth sense tells you that something is terribly wrong. Some guys don't have that and they do really stupid things.





Keep food out of the tent and away from the camp site. (Food invites critters). There are very few animals that want to hurt you. Make noise to scare them off, but give some time to enjoy their presence. Make smores, and tell scary campfire stories so the guys'll be spooked, but not you.





Go with a positive attitude--that you'll have fun, that they'll be gentleman, and that you'll be safe. If so, YOU WILL HAVE FUN!
First contact all of them. Let them know you have been invited. Does your x have a new girl ask if she can come as well. Might be a set up sounds fishy too me. Your good friend that is coming ask him if he was asked by x if he would invite you. see what I mean. Plan. If all is on the up and up have a great time. But I am an X 2 wheeled jackA$$ older now. and yes I have been on a couple of those 1 girl camping trips. She was a willing participant, get the idea Honey, keep it safe FIRST. Luck to you. If all is well bring lots of those moist towelets. The guys will use them as well if they don't smell to girly. I take the baby wipes. Girls act differant than guys when camping. Don't be the cook/cleaning lady but do your part.
Frankly, I would not go. With you x and boyfriend there I think it could be a bad situation. You need to go camping with your boyfriend alone or with another couple. Of course I don't know the situation or your relationship with your x, but usually there is tension that you can avoid by not going.
be yourself go and have fun


you're lucky though i went camping with 15 guys and i was the only girl.


it's fun and a laugh trust me.


just don't let them get to you and you will be fine.
Do everything they do. Be one of the guys! DONT be be a girl or youll ruin it for them and they wont want you back again. Be ready!!!
BRING LOTS OF K-Y ...........YOUR GONNA NEED IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BE A MAN
I was in an outdoor club all through my 20's and loved to go on backpacking trips -- I was very often the only girl, especially on the tougher hikes and winter outings. And over the years I had several boyfriends in the club (who became exes). So I can relate to your situation.





I'd say if one of the guys is your good (platonic) friend, he should have your back if any of the other guys gets out of hand. I rarely had any conflicts on the trips other than occasionally some insecure dope who would feel like his masculinity was threatened or something because a ';girl'; was on the trip or from a guy who thought having a female along ruined the ';male bonding.'; I have always been relaxed around guys, playing along with their teasing and goofy dirty jokes, plus I never expected any special privileges or played ';helpless female';, always taking care of my own gear, like setting up my tent and carrying all my stuff. So they pretty much accepted me like one of the guys and treated me with respect.





I think that's the key -- just be like them. If you get flirty or act too feminine, they will tend to tease you. If you do feel the need to do something specifically ';girly'; you just have to be prepared to counter any comments with a joke of your own. Like I'm addicted to moisturizing lip gloss and always carry it in my shirt pocket and put it on often when I am outdoors. I've had guys tease me about ';primping'; in the wilderness and I just tell them it isn't lipstick, it's grizzly bear repellent.





Oh, and I always prefer to sleep alone in my OWN small tent. I did often share a two man tent with a guy friend, but it could be awkward at times in such close quarters for both of us (like if he wakes up with a woodie and realizes he's poking it against your sleeping bag or if you unexpectedly get your period.) Plus guys tend to snore and don't smell all that great after a couple days in camp. I like having room to stretch out and to be able to change in the tent.





TIP: If you bring a secret stash of homemade brownies they will all love you.





ANOTHER TIP: One thing I have found is that guys on camping trips like to make a big deal out of farting publicly. But with a girl along, they may act embarassed about it. To let them know it doesn't bother me, if a guy farts (or even if I do -- camp food can be gassy!) I immediately put my hand to my ear like I am listening for wildlife and say ';Whoa, listen! Barking tree spiders!';. My dad taught me that one :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment