Friday, August 20, 2010

I'm a 14 year old guy and i'm anorexic. How do I tell my friends?

I'm already getting help and i'm getting better. but how do i tell my friends? becuase they're starting to figure it out. my friends that are girls i'm not so concerned with, but my guy friends i am. how do i tell them? how will they react? will they even care?I'm a 14 year old guy and i'm anorexic. How do I tell my friends?
Why do you feel the need to tell them? It's none of their business. Are you looking for added sympathy? Are you not getting attention from your family? Go to a school counselor or therapist, or better yet a support group. Your friends (other than best friend) really don't need to know.I'm a 14 year old guy and i'm anorexic. How do I tell my friends?
o ! i really hope you get better fast. if your friends are Really good friends, they will ask you if something is wrong. But gosh, my friend was anorexic and she is still trying to over come it. You've got to realise that people love you for WHO you are not WHAT you are. i really hope you get better.


Good Luck
if you feel like they will be supportive, then yes tell them. just pull them aside and tell them face to face. ask them if they have ever known anyone with an eating disorder and get them talking, then tell them. if you feel as though some of them may see it as a joke or not take it seriously, don't tell them until you feel THEY are ready.


include them, as well as all your friends, in your recovery. if they don't know they can't help.
I know its a lot harder for guys to talk about their anorexia because most people consider it a feminine disorder and that's totally wrong.


What you need to explain to them is that you have anorexia and youre getting help for it. It wasnt your choice for it to happen, its a disease that could potentially effect anyone and youre working on your recovery. Your friends shouldnt give you a hard time about it and Im sure if you lost a lot of weight, they already know.
most guys wouldn't make a big deal of it, i wouldn't tell all of them in one big group, though. maybe in a few small groups, or one at a time or something. mention it as just kind of a ';by the way'; kind of thing. say that you're getting help before you even say what the problem is and say that you just wanted to let them know.





...i hope that helps some.





and good luck, anorexia is a crazy difficult ordeal.
If your not comfortable with telling them, then you dont have to. They are your friends, the would care, but they shouldnt stop being your friend. They will try to help you, but its your choice to tell them.


If I were you, I would tell them. Your friends should know most everything about you.

No comments:

Post a Comment