Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How do I make guy friends?

I don't have that many close guy friends but I would like them. I find girls annoying and trivial sometimes, and guys are much more laidback and cool. I'm not a walking Joseph Heller, but I am fairly funny, or at least, I think so. Well, I guess I'm not that funny. And I don't get very many opportunities to reveal my sense of humour. Most of it comes when I'm in a conversation with someone and I think of something interesting. How am I going to get into a conversation in the first place? Also, how do you go from a cool conversation into friends? I occasionally make a funny comment that one of the guys laughs at, but that's like once every...i don't know, three months? it's rare, and it never turns into a convo. The rare, rare times that I start a convo with a guy, I'm so paralyzed on the inside; you can't really tell, except for the fact that I make my voice a little clearer and lower...and that I get so nervous that I make up an excuse to leave! (That's not a giveaway at all, is it? [insert virtual eye-roll here]) Plus, there's LOTS of ice. You can't really start a conversation with someone who thinks of you as a freaky girl, especially if they're just hanging out with friends. What, do you go up to them and say, ';Hi, let's be friends.'; In my school, the guys kind of mainly talk only to other guys. They only try to make friends with girls if they're popular and well...that's definitely not me. I'm thinking about this because others seem to have guy friends that they talk to and invite over and the guys don't act like acquaintances, they act like actual friends. I want that! Argh. Can someone help me? How do I make guy friends?
lol, u dont hav to be funny to make friends right away or during a convo.


Try finding people who have a lot in common with you. Join clubs at ur school, ask ur friends 2 introduce u 2 der guy friends. Be nice :-), plus sounds like ur a cool person.

No comments:

Post a Comment