Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How do I stop caring about my friend (guy)?

I have been his support (emotional %26amp; financial) through his hard times past 1.5 years. He is the biggest procrastinator. I don't know what I can do. He says he needs my support but he never gets his stuff done (time sensitive). It's making me sick to my stomach. ugh :'( I don't know what to do.





He is planning on moving in with me till he finds a job. I'm literally at tears right now. Please help!How do I stop caring about my friend (guy)?
Why would you allow a procrastinator to move in with you ';until he gets a job';?


Will he be paying anything? I bet you will have to toss him out in the spring and/or end up on one of those court tv shows.





My suggestion is to make him sign a note detailing what you expect; ex. he will vacate your home by May 1. 2010


Detail what he will be obliged to pay, what chores, whether or not he will be able to have overnight guests.





He seems like someone you should only deal with occasionally.





For many, so long as they have a safety net or someone who is providing the basics..they never get their act together. They are permanatly pitiful They excuse their own failures as someone else's fault.





Good luck!How do I stop caring about my friend (guy)?
It sounds as if you have become his enabler. Use some tough love and tell him he has to get it together. As long as you are his crutch, he will not take hold and do what he should be doing for himself. Being a friend is one thing, but now him moving in...I'm afraid that may not be a good idea. If you let him, I would give him a time frame, say a month or so to get a job, then he must go. You need to take control and not let him manipulate you.
Just stop,. period.Don't be too naive and stop being a doormat. You don't deserve him.He can't just move in and be a burden to you.Why do you have to suffer? Tell it to his face. He can't move in with you if you don't allow him.I can see a lot of problems if he does live with you.come on be brave enough to say no
Emotionally he has found a patsy.


Financially he has found a mother.





If you want to remain in tears AND broke let him in the door.


He is not doing anything to you that you aren't allowing. He is what he is. Now you must decide what you want to be.


You may want to tell him that this is not working for you and he can't come in.
He can't move in unless you allow him to. Just say no. It's your money and your life. You're the one with the power here. If he gets mad and stops being your ';friend,'; you'll have a lot more money for yourself. Maybe saying no will force him into action and he'll become more responsible. Parents call it tough love. It works.
Whatever you do, DON'T let him move in. This guy will SUCK the life right out of you. And once he moves in, you'll never get him out. Or have peace of mind. Stand your ground and tell him he's not moving in with you. And that's all there is to it.
i have heard this here before. Was it you then too. Some people think this is Harlequin Central.


He's a bum . You know it. Decide if he offers you enough to put up with it. If not tell him get a job and then call. Simple common sense doesn't need a stage.
Tell him he is stressing you out and you are not going to let him use you anymore. Then say he is going to have to find someone else to handle his affairs. Be strong and tell him to grow up.
Write a letter about him.


Read it to yourself.


Burn it.


Tell him to get his act and facts straight.
Since this is under senior citizens...Don't leave an old man...His time might be up soon. Godspeed to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment