Friday, August 20, 2010

For people over 25: Should girls have guy friends when in a committed relationship?

OK, I'm trying to figure something out; is it OK for girls to have guy friends even if their in a committed relationship? For me, if a girl has lots of guy friends and she's in a committed relationship; that just doesn't Sit Well with me. Call it insecurity, call it whatever I just can't help to think girls with lots of guy friends is an invitation for problems.





Even if you're OK with your girlfriend having guy friends is there a line you draw on how often she spends time or talks to them? Any feedback is appreciated...For people over 25: Should girls have guy friends when in a committed relationship?
Hmm.. With me, I usually can never sustain a friendship with a guy, bc it ends up being more than that, so I back off as a way to be 'real' so I don't feel like I string him a long. I feel guilty if I do.





If I'm in a serious (exclusive) relationship, then I won't hang out with guys (knowing that this is the case)..





I think your gut is right. I wouldn't call it insecurity. I call it instinctive male/female behavior. In most cases, one party usually falls for the other or both do.





Yeah- that's touchy. Really depends. Listen to your heart. There are girls who you may find attractive that are loyal. Just be smart %26amp; selective. Good luck!!For people over 25: Should girls have guy friends when in a committed relationship?
I think it is OK to have friends who are male if you're female and in a relationship. If someone commits and they are a genuine person you should trust them, without trust there's nothing. Jealousy ruins relationships. I should know.





I had long distance relationship with a jealous man and I have lots of male friends. I ended up resenting my boyfriend because of his lack of trust. Which was a shame because I had thought the world of him, but understood that whatever the truth was, in his head I was untrustworthy. It's not nice to be made to feel untrustworthy. So whatever you once had gets eaten away at.





Maybe if a girl would rather spend time with her male friends than with her boyfriend then there might be an issue.
Personally I think having friends is great. Depending on your relationship, if it is secure and loving and you trust each other - no probs. If you let the green eye of jealousy get out - then you will loose her for not trusting her or valuing her.


If you have no reason to be inscure except for your own stories in your head - talk to her and clear the air. Just let her know that you would feel better if you were all together if she wanted to be with her friends. then you would have to be gracious.


If you love her %26amp; she you - what is the problem?
hes just a friend... truth the women!


most likely you'll cheat on her than the other way around..


girls usually are more committed
Women are total b@st@rds, apart from my Mum.
Some girls, like me, just get along better with guys than other girls. I remember when I was in college, I had a few guy friends that I hung out with and without my fiance. He had no problem with it. Now there weren't that many guy-friends that I had, and I didn't spend an exorbitant amount of time with them. Many times in fact, my fiance would accompany me when I went out with them.





I think maybe if she spends way more time with them than she does with you, then that seems a little wrong. Unless there's a reason for that, like if you're at work all the time, then what is she suppose to do, just stay home and not do anything? I think it just depends. But I would definitely call it an insecurity issue if a guy has a problem with his girlfriend just because she has guy friends that she hangs out with.

No comments:

Post a Comment